5.02.2009

So my goal of trying to get at least 1 post per month didn't quite work out in April. Oh well...moving on.
I am super excited about this warmer weather! I had a major case of spring fever, and it feels so much better now that the colder, dreary days of winter have left us with this beautiful sunshine & warmer temps. I'm going to just soak this up!!
I love waking up in the morning to the sunshine streaming in our bedroom window. This past week seemed to go so slowly for me, and I attribute part of that to having to wake up to my alarm clock & a dark bedroom. I think the rain's great when I have to fall asleep (raindrops on the roof seems so soothing to me...who needs chamomile tea?) But, if it's still raining in the morning, it unfortunately has the same effect on me...can I say 'wanting to hit the snooze until I've left myself hardly any time to get ready'.
Another thing I've fallen in love with all over again this spring is something that I was lucky enough to do this afternoon. In our humble abode, we have a sliding door that faces south - so the sun usually casts a shifting ray of light & warmth on our living room floor throughout the day. I absolutely love to lay down in that area with a good book. And, today, to make it even better, my husband joined me - what a treat! We sat there with the door cracked open so we could hear the subtle noises of the neighborhood while we relaxed...the sound of birds chirping as they flew from tree to tree, children playing a few houses down, a hum of a lawnmower a block away.
Oh yes, it's springtime. Hallelujah!

No comments: