So, Saturday afternoon, we got all dressed up (which was also something fun to do...I'm kinda a girl sometimes) We had heard from Derrick brother and his girlfriend that there was a "green" restaurant called The Green Well. I figured that since Derrick was choosing to spend his evening doing something he probably wouldn't have chosen to do on his own, we could go to a restaurant that he'd be interested in. This place was built "green"...using some of the latest ways of using recycled or environmentally-friendly products. He's been into this kind of stuff lately...with his job, and with some ideas he'd like to possibly do in his spare time. So, I could tell he was interested in checking this place out.Anyways, we hopped in the car and headed to GR. We walk into the restaurant, and it was pretty packed. Maybe this is a good part for me to say that The Green Well is a pub with a wide selection of different beers. And, Saturday was the day to be watching March Madness basketball. Those two put together equals a place that if you're wearing a cute dress and dress pants, you kinda stood out. Once we were seated, Derrick made the comment of, "I wasn't expecting it to be like this - I thought we were going to have a quiet sit-down meal." We kinda laughed it off, ordered a drink, and enjoyed our nice meal amongst a crowded, noisy, basketball-watching restaurant.
We finished our meal, which was very delicious, and headed toward DeVos Performance Hall. The performance was great. There was a guest musician...a Celtic violinist. She was very entertaining! She had the Irish accent, she was great at playing that violin, and she even did the Irish foot dance during some of her songs.Even though I'm over a quarter-century old, I had a great time celebrating the day. And, I was very impressed with my husband for coming up with the idea...I'm such a lucky girl!
I love you Derrick!

2 comments:
yes, you are such an old lady!! :) sounds like you had a great day and were completely spoiled, just like you should be on your birthday! so glad that you were treated like a princess!
Happy birthday a month late :) Looks like you had a great time! I don't have your e-mail address but I wish I did!
Post a Comment