9.05.2008

lately....

So, I realize that I haven't posted anything as of lately... I myself know that when it comes to doing something routinely, I'm not very good at sticking with it for an extended amount of time, which bothers me sometimes. So, it's way past time for me to get back in the groove of doing this on a semi-regular basis :o)
I can't say that I've been too busy...we've pretty much been relaxing and trying to enjoy what may be the last good ol' days of summer. Yes, it makes me sad to even say that, but after what the weather was like yesterday - chilly, rainy, barely reaching 60 degrees - it makes me realize that it is September, and Christmas will be here before we know it.
We had a few highlights on our Labor Day weekend. Saturday we got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather by spending
the first part of our afternoon doing a little shopping for bikes! Both Derrick & I have been wanting to get bikes all summer, and we've done our shopping around. However, the kind of bikes we want just happen to be the same kind that everyone else wants. So, needless to say, here it is the end of summer, and we still don't have any.
Anyways, the other part of our Saturday afternoon was spent out on Derrick's parents' boat. We rode it out from shore a ways, turned the motor off, and just floated to where the waves took us. There were a lot of other boats out that afternoon. It was pretty neat to look out over the water, and see handfuls of sailboats floating around, too...it was almost like a picture (which, I wish I would have had my camera along, cuz I would ha
ve taken one) What a great day to spend on the water! Then, that night we went out for dinner with my sister & her boyfriend. Even though they've been dating all summer, we're just starting to hang out with them (you know how it goes, the two of them start "hanging out", then they officially begin to "date", and now they're bringing each other around their friends and family) But, we're excited to get to know Tim, cuz it sounds like he may be around for a while...
Then it was Sunday. Church was great, but then when we got home, I started to get in a bad mood. Earlier that morning we figured out that our dryer wasn't working. (Like I said earlier, I'm not too good at sticking to a routine...which includes doing laundry regularly. I'll admit, I let it pile up until D
errick complains he's out of socks or underwear.) Derrick being the great husband that he is kept trying to get me in a better mood about our dilemma...he suggested so many other fun things that we could have done, but I think he sensed that the whole laundry thing was the dark cloud hanging over my head, so Sunday afternoon, we spent at the laundromat. Fun stuff, huh.
We made the best of it by bringing along one of our favorite games, Five Crowns. One game of Five Crowns, six loads of laundry, and about $13.00 later, we were on our way home with four baskets full of fresh smelling laundry!
Monday we both slept in a bit, which is a special treat for me...I have to work on Saturday mornings, which is Derrick's day off...so we don't sleep in together very often. Derrick's brother Jeff had washed up one of the big trucks from their work, and was going to drive it in the Labor Day Truck Parade, so we made our way downtown Holland to watch it. That afternoon was spent doing both of our favorite things to do: Derrick washed both cars, and I read my book. Then to finish off the weekend, we headed to the Brink family cottage to relax and catch up with some of the family in the summer quietness by the lake. We couldn't have asked for a better holiday weekend...God truly blessed us all by making it a beautiful one!

No comments: