8.19.2008

race day

On Sunday I went to my first Nascar race. We went with Derrick's cousin Brad and his girlfriend Julie (it was Julie's first race, too) If anyone knows my husband, they know that he enjoys to watch the races. So, me being his wife, I've grown pretty accustomed to watching them, too...well, to be honest, I find it a very good time to take a good nap. But, during the times I'm awake, I don't mind watching it though. Over time I have chosen the driver that I will cheer for...Carl Edwards. (He's so polite, and he's got such a nice smile...that's pretty much the only reason why I started to cheer for him in the first place) Well, he's been doing pretty good lately, and that makes it even more fun to cheer him on.Before the race, we did a lot of walking around. And, cousin Brad was so nice that he offered to buy us tickets to get onto pit road! I had to take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to find Carl's car......and his pit stop...just in case I could catch a close-up glimpse of Carl himself. But, no such luck. Oh well. I was still OK with being there to watch him win the race! Since he won, I told Derrick that I'd go to another race with him again sometime...maybe I bring him good luck :o)

No comments: