skip to main |
skip to sidebar
first day of winter
Well, it's felt like winter for quite a few weeks already, but it's only the first official day of winter today. And what a winter day it is today! I woke up this morning somewhat excited that we were in some ways forced to stop all the hustle and bustle I feel like I've been doing for the past couple weeks. Derrick had to get up early this morning to help plow parking lots and driveways. When he got home around 8:30, we both decided that even though our church hadn't canceled their services for the morning, we were going to attend "Bedside Baptist"...we stayed in our pjs and lounged around until noon! I can't remember the last time I did that...and it was oh-so-enjoyable to spend a morning snowed in with my husband!
Then, a little after noon, he got called out to do Round 2 of snow plowing. And, since I didn't have anything too important to do, I bundled up and jumped in the pick-up truck to venture out with him. It was quite blizzardy out there! There were quite a few times when we couldn't see too far ahead of us on the road, and as we were plowing the parking lots, the snow didn't let up. Here's the view out of the pick-up's windshield...
And, tonight we're listening to some Christmas music, looking at the lights on our little Christmas tree, and preparing for our week to come.
We hope that you each had any enjoyable day...and that you were able to stay warm and enjoy the official start of winter. We have a long season ahead of us until it's spring again, but as someone reminded me this weekend...today's the shortest day of the year..there's only more daylight to come from here on out until the warmer months!
No comments:
Post a Comment