Earlier today, we got news that a couple near to us has been told that they've lost their baby which the mother has been carrying for some months. They were at a doctor's appointment, and they weren't able to find the baby's heartbeat. So, they were sent to the hospital to have their "more advanced" machines take a listen. However, they weren't able to find the baby's heartbeat at the hospital, either. I can't imagine what it would be like to have the doctors tell you that the unborn baby you're carrying isn't alive in your womb...the same baby you've been preparing for, and loving for so long, and anxiously expecting to meet him or her in just a short time. The two were sent home this afternoon, and told to take the time they wanted to come to grasps with the news they were just told, and to contact the doctors when they decide they're ready to continue with the process.
These are two wonderful people who are always happy...always have smiles on their faces...and always make anyone feel special. God must know that deep down they can handle something as tragic as this...for He never gives His children anything they can't handle. But, that's hard to swallow!...especially when you're in the midst of the chaos and turmoil.
But, the reason why I felt that I needed to post something about this was because of a thought that God whispered to me tonight. I was driving in my car, wondering what I could do for them or say to them, and praying to God...asking Him what went wrong, and why this happened. And then I believe the Holy Spirit spoke to me...the words I heard were "Pray for a miracle". I had immediately defaulted, if you will, to grief when I first heard that this little baby wasn't going to live on this earth. But, those words gave me hope! Now, I honestly don't know the first thing about medical technology. And, I don't know how 100% sure these doctors were when they told the couple. But, if I know anything at all, it is that my God is a big God, and nothing is impossible for Him!
So, that is why I am posting. From what I have heard, this couple is going to take tomorrow to let things settle in, and then call to make an appointment for sometime on Saturday. That is more than enough time for God to tweak whatever is going on in the mother's womb, and "breathe the living breath of God" into that baby again.
Please, I'm asking you to take just one small moment to lift this baby up to God...ask Him...believe that He will work a miracle in the next days. ...what a testament of the power of prayer that could be!
11.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
we are praying hard at the VanderZwaag's! I can't imagine what they are going through. We will pray for a miracle!!
They're in our hearts, our thoughts, and our prayers.
Lisa, We are down on our knees praying for a miracle. I couldn't believe it when the news was passed unto us. We are lifting all of you up in prayer.
Post a Comment