Anyways, can I just say praise God for such a beautiful day!! If I could freeze time, and have days like this every day...cool mornings, sunny and warm from about 11:00am till around 7:00pm, and then cool enough at night to throw on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt - that's prime weather conditions in my book!
This past week we had our first small group session of this year. Last fall, we started brand new with our group. We went through Dan Seaborn's book, The Necessary Nine.
Our group consists of newly married couples who didn't have kids yet, so it was a great book to jump start our group because the book was about 9 factors that keep a marriage together. After taking the summer off, we're grouping up again, and reading through a book called The Dangerous Act of Worship.
I haven't heard of this book before, but so far it's been a challenge...in a good sense of the word. We all read through chapter one, and it talks of how worship is more than just music. We were made to worship God, so "worship" includes our daily lives: how we act towards others, how we think, and how we act. At the end of our session this past week, our leaders challenged us to find some way we could work on our personal "worship" over the next two weeks until we meet again. One statement that was said during our night was that "God made everyone in His own image, so every person we come into contact with throughout the day has God woven into his or her being." That stuck with me, so I went into work on Friday with that on my mind. Now, maybe some of you out there can relate with me on this...I work in customer service, and there are definitely times when I come into contact with people, and it's hard for me to necessarily look at them with love. Whether they're in a bad mood and it rubs off on me, or something about them "bugs" me, or whatever it may be...I'll admit, it will quite often affect the way I deal with them. However, I tried my best to keep the statement I had heard the night before in the front of my mind. When I came across these particular people throughout the day on Friday, I tried repeat in my mind: "Love Wins...This is a child of God, and He loves them and made them in His image, so I should love them, too." It really had a positive effect on how my attitude towards them was! So, that is the challenge I have given myself...to look with love...and I challenge you, as well. I can pretty much guarantee that it will make your day better!

No comments:
Post a Comment